This website was initially created in the last days of the year 2001 and has been continuously evolving ever since. It is generated by a custom web application.
The result usually looks best in browsers based on Gecko (Firefox et al.) or Webkit (Chrome etc.). However, I test on other browsers and fix presentation flaws from time to time.
The backend has evolved over years and its architecture, used libraries, and features have changed a lot.
The current setup builds on these components:
- Python as high-level, dynamic programming language
- Werkzeug as WSGI toolkit, for URL dispatching, and the Atom feed
- Flask as web framework
- Jinja 2 as template engine
- PyYAML to parse the content source flat files' headers
- reStructuredText as content markup language, parsed by docutils
- Pygments for syntax highlighting
- SCSS to generate the stylesheet
- Frozen-Flask to generate static pages
- nginx to serve the static files on the web
The font icons are part of Font Awesome by Dave Gandy.
The development toolchain is basically limited to: